Sunday, July 26, 2009

From the lips of children...

I have a few Daniel Isaac sweet stories....

#1
Last night when we were in the living room...I was feeding Noah David (as usual...sweet little boy who's always hungry).  Daniel Isaac said, "Mommy, will you hold me?"  I responded, "I would love to hold you, and I will as soon as Baby Brother finishes eating."  So then he gets his "soft blanket" and brings it in there and wraps himself up in it and announces out of nowhere, "Mommy, when I get big like Daddy, I'm going to marry you!"  Of course tears filled my eyes and I said, "That's so sweet, Baby.  What will Daddy do, though?"  And he very confidently responded as he had it all planned out, "Daddy will sing while you and me dance!"  I know that the days of Daniel Isaac wanting to marry his mama are soon to pass, so I'm soaking up every second of this sweet child and the love that he shares so innocently.  

#2
Daniel and Daniel Isaac were eating breakfast at Chick-fil-a Saturday morning, and Daniel started eating his food.  Daniel Isaac declared, "Daddy, we didn't pray!"  So, Daniel said, "You're right, would you like to pray?"  And Daniel Isaac said, "Will you help me?"  So Daniel Isaac very seriously closed his eyes and bowed his head and began praying, "Thank you God for our food, for Daddy and for Mommy, and for Baby Noah, and for my house...."  

He again reminded us at church this morning before digging into our refreshments that we needed to pray.  This time he said, "God our Father, thank you for our blessings.  Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and our food and Baby Noah and our house and my shoes...."  He had a much longer list that I cannot remember, but it sure was sweet.  If I adore hearing his sweet voice thank our Lord, I just wonder how much more our Father in Heaven adores our thanks and praises.  And it really is true that as in Psalm 8:2, the verse painted in the boys' room, says "From the lips of children and infants, You have ordained praise." 

Thank you, Lord, for the sweet ways you use Daniel Isaac to bless me and praise You!  


No comments:

Post a Comment