Thursday, November 19, 2009

Children of the Covenant

September 20, we had the amazing blessing of having Daniel Isaac and Noah David baptized. It was a wonderful day filled with family and friends surrounding us. One thing that stood out to me was that Grandmother (my Dad's mom who is 92 this month), Dad, myself, and then Daniel Isaac and Noah David were all present. Three generations of Believers and baptizing the boys with the Faith that they, too, will one day follow after our precious Savior. Daniel and I, along with our church family and family, seeing the symbol of baptism as the promise of the New Testament Covenant for the boys was a gift.

I am forever grateful for how my parents loved and taught me the Scriptures and about the Lord and His Truth. They provided every possible opportunity for me to grow in Him all throughout my childhood. I became a Believer at a very young age and was nurtured in my relationship with Him over the years. It is mine and Daniel's earnest prayer and desire that our boys walk with the Lord and do not know a day of rebellion...that their lives would be surrendered to Him and lived for Him and His Names' sake....that we would be Christ-like in our actions and parenting, and that our home would be full of His love and grace and an aroma of Him to everyone around us. By His grace!

I wish I had pictures to share, but we took them on a different camera and don't have them on our computer... : (

No comments:

Post a Comment